Basketball SA’s Female Participation Strategy seeks to build an environment that supports, encourages and appreciates the impact females have in sport and recreation.
Together with our Members and the Adelaide Lightning, it is Basketball SA’s vision that females are represented in all roles of sport and active recreation. We aim to do this by addressing barriers to participation, engage with rural and remote communities, and support long term retention and pathway opportunities.
We are looking for passionate people to join us to:
- Provide input to the direction and priorities of the Female Participation Strategy (2021-2024)
- Participate in consultation processes to identify barriers to female participation
- Review marketing and promotion of events
- Review program offerings and identify gaps in service delivery
- Develop and monitor action plans to support delivery of the female participation strategy
- Establish strategies to deliver the outcomes of the female participation strategy
We are seeking a diverse range of backgrounds/experience from across the basketball community. Experience as a coach, a player, a referee, a volunteer or administrator will be considered. Positions are volunteer roles and the Committee will meet approximately every two months on a Monday afternoon.
Expressions of Interest, including details of your relevant experience can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration by the Basketball SA Commission.
Expressions of Interest close: Wednesday 16 February 2022